16 March 2011

quitting.

Boyfriend and I were cuddled up on our perfect couch: him sitting as one would in a chair, with me laying across his lap resting my head on his shoulder. We were watching some terrible DIY network show (as I am akin to making him do with me) and he tapped me on the should twice (our less obnoxious way of saying "hey I need to get up and you are in the way"). I looked up at him and he said he was going to go have a cigarette (we are both in the middle of quit-fest). "Why?" was the only response I could muster, not only was I trying to be helpful in the quitting process... I was really comfortable and if he got up we might never find this perfect body placement again. He thought about it for a moment then relaxed back into the couch. Brilliant. Quit-fest, cuddle-party wynn.

Sort of a low-key dream. It made me happy though.

4 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only one that felt like that; if you find a perfect body placement, are forced to get up, and then try to recreate it again... it just won't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, there's no way. I'm fairly certain there are only about 10 ways to comfortably cuddle, and they rotate through ALL the ways there are to cuddle, so there's no way to know at any given point in time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man. that's funny. the hubster and I have perfect cuddling positions that we've named so it's super simple to just say the word and get into position. all our friends think it's so randomly weird, but it makes "getting comfy" so much quicker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous of that. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete